During the 2021-22 academic year, Coe students received more than $560,000 in outside scholarship funding. One of our goals is to help our students maintain this level of assisted funding from off-campus sources.
Thousands of organizations and employers offer scholarships for prospective and returning students to help fund their college educations. Coe aims to help you in your search for outside financial assistance by providing the most direct possible access to scholarship information and applications. Use the menu on the left to find pages on our website with links to scholarships that may be right for you!
Possible sources of outside scholarship funding or information:
- local civic groups (i.e. Jaycees, Dollars for Scholars, etc.)
- churches or religious organizations
- financial organizations
- individual benefactors from your hometown
- your or your parents’ employers
- non-profit organizations
- webpages of nearby high schools or colleges
- other organizations that are related to your career interests and/or hobbies
Your high school guidance office and/or college planning center are also viable resources for information about scholarships available specifically to your community.
A few warnings to keep in mind during your outside scholarship search:
- Never exchange any funds - paying or refunding - during the search or application process. If they truly offer funding, they want to give you money, not take it from you!
- Don’t give personal information (i.e. Social Security number, credit card information, etc.) during the search or application process. Some persons/organizations may be data mining or using a "spam scholarship" as a marketing ploy.
- If a street or email address is required in a scholarship application use your Coe address. This will ensure that possible mail/emails from them can only follow you until graduation.
- Before applying to scholarships, visit FinAid or the 联邦 Trade Commission for information about scholarship scams.
Remember, our including information about a scholarship is not an endorsement. We cannot guarantee the authenticity of every individual scholarship.
Receiving outside scholarships could conceivably affect your financial aid, namely your loans and need-based grants. However, receiving them cannot result in a loss of your work study award.
If, at any point during your outside scholarship search, you are uncertain about the legitimacy or security of an application process, don't hesitate to call the Office of 金融援助 at 319-399-8540. We’re glad to help in any way we can!